Top Five Skrilly Scratch Sketches


Rarely do I find anything much worth a krap on StumbleUpon. But every now and again I come across a few jems that show there are some bits of creativity with an element of humor intact.

I present de-noted.com:

Every day a countless number of bank notes change hands all around the world. When was the last time the money itself said something to you? When did it last make you think? Has it ever?

What if you could make someone think before they paid?

What if you could make them smile when they got their change?

What if someone else could do it to you, just by asking you a question?

de-noted is a blog to see what would happen if you release a question written on a bank note.


But de-noted.com is also about artistically defacing currency.

Let's have a look at my top five picks from de-noted.com



Ninja Hamilton
Meet Ninja Hamilton, "Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you assassins."


Queen Mickey
Queen Elizabeth II never looked better,
"I have to be seen to be believed. M-i-c-k-e-y-M-o-u-s-e. Ooooers!"


Number of the Beast
Washington as the Beast foretold of in Revelation,
"Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast."



Spock
Sir Wilfrid Laurier as Spock, "Money? Highly illogical captain."


Mao
Mao. Mao. Mao. Mao. Mao. I'm surprised they didn't have the Three Stooges... "Hey Mao!"



All this talk about money makes me wish I had more that I could deface. Let's have a look at today's market, shall we?

TODAY’S DAILY STOCK MARKET REPORT:

Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Knives were up sharply. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued a slow decline. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remained unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. Balloon prices were inflated. Oil continued it’s slippery slide. And batteries exploded in an attempt to recharge the market.

Money isn’t everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.


In case you don't know how to use Google;
Scratch = Money.
Skrill = Money.
Skrill monkey = A person who loves and hoards money.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usSEO marketing chimp
Now dems some real skrill monkeys!


9 Comments:

Soge shirts said...

Hmm i didn't know Mao played Madam butterfly. Mao hitler looked surprisingly formidable.

Gorilla Bananas said...

That chimp looks as if you've just asked him for a loan. Better be prepared to put some some serious collateral.

Anonymous said...

I was this close to making some heavy stock investments until I realised that you were joking young man...

Static said...

Sogeshirtsguy - I believe Mao starred in a rendition called 'Maodam Butterfly' or perhaps it was called 'Maoist Butterfly'. I forget exactly, and so do billions of chinese citizens it was so shitty.

So apparently it was a flop and didn't do well, partly because of his similarity to Hitler or Stalin. And the fact he murdered all the theater-goers, he was indiscriminate.

In between scenes the sound of crickets was quite prevalent according to one old woman who was unfortunate enough to purchase a ticket but lucky to survive (the performance I mean).

Gorilla Bananas - That chimp owns Wall Street, I've never asked him for a loan. I assume any loan collateral would be several dozen truck loads of bananas. And that is just an investment full of headaches. First he'd be wanting semi-ripe bananas but they would be too brown. Then he'd want all green bananas but they would be too green. Then he'd ask for a mix of green and brown or something in between but that wouldn't be good enough and then I'd get really pissed and tell him, "fuck you and your bananas you persnickety chimp! You can take them and stick them up your $*&^$@&^*!^*@!@^*!^@$ you @^*!$(%#$# @*#*!^@#^*!@#!!!!!"
In other words it would end badly.

Kinklade - See here old man. Don't invest in stock, another massive stock market crash is coming. Invest in collectibles such as Elvis plates or Webkinz. 20 years from now the demand for them will be outrageous in the wake of a worldwide depression that only the wealthy could buy them for their collections and would pay you a hefty sum. You could spend the money on pizza and beer. And a brand new cardboard box for you to live in.

Sully Sullivan said...

Being Canadian, everyone has at least one uncle that has shown the "Spock Five" trick at a family meal, but the Mickey Mouse $20 was beauty. I wish I could draw, but sadly I don't think I'd even be able to recreate the simple Mickey 20.

Hey if you're bored or need a laugh or just want to enjoy some humor, please take a look at my pop culture comedy blog at http://yeahtotallyright.blogspot.com

I have bookmarked your blog and I hope you'll give mine a shot too. See you soon.

Static said...

Sully Sullivan - Thanks for stopping by man. I very much enjoyed your most recent article and will probably do a future post about it. Like your sense of humor!

~Stat

Anonymous said...

We definitely need more Vulcans on our currency.

Or at the very least, a Wookie.

Static said...

Jinksy - I think canadians should have a mountie slamming a jug of maple syrup whilst riding a moose bareback on it's currency. Because it's manly.

gwiz86 said...

Ha ha, I love that Ninja Hamilton $10 bill. Classic. I dig the site man. Keep up the goods.

no
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...