Happy New Year

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Please be safe. And remember the simple things you are grateful for or appreciate.

On a personal note, I won't be updating the blog for a couple days. After struggling with the ravages of age-related conditions and terminal illness for many months, my dad passed away yesterday afternoon. Being the free spirit he was, he had a good sense humor, so I think he'd appreciate a joke.


New Year Prayer for the Elderly

God,

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
And the eyesight to tell the difference.



Rest in peace dad.

6 Comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Condolences, I hope he went peacefully.

RBV said...

My sincerest condolences.

Julio said...

My condolences, which by the way are WAY more sincere than RBV's.

Donnie said...

Sorry to hear about your dad...it'll all work out though. It always does. Other than that, I hope you have a great year. I'll be "talking" to ya soon dude.

Heff said...

Try to make the best of everything.

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

oh wow dude so sorry to hear
I knew things were getting bad but didn't realize
hope everything is well with you drop me a line soon and let me know how you are or if you need anything

Paul

no
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...