The Five Stages of Grief


Anyone familiar with the Cartoon Network - Adult Swim animation series Robot Chicken knows how great and goddamn funny the sketch comedy is. There was a clip I came across while browsing on YouTube, that addresses the Five Stages of Grief, ironically..considering my recent loss, it was quite apropo.

Man!...death...I mean Seth Green is amusing! Good grief, Charlie Brown. Watch the vid...





Really, there's nothing all that "knee-slapping" funny about death or dying. Actually, in retrospect once you're past the shock of the experience, just about anything can have an element of humor.

Why just the other day I was attacked by a mob of clinically depressed circus clown retirees upset over my lame 'anti-anti-comedy manifesto'. They tasered me, shredded my hand in a blender, and poured battery acid all over my genitals. And looking back now..it was HILARIOUS!

11 Comments:

Skrib (aka MEaster Bunny) said...

Sorry to hear that you got tasered.

Snarky Basterd said...

Sorry about that battery acid...at least we didn't turn you into Goldmember.

If you can't laugh, you ain't alive, man. Way to work through it, my friend.

Static said...

@Skrib - That's okay. I am a bit used to electrical shocks..look at me fercrissakes.

Static said...

@Threio - Yeah, at least quicksand smells better. I would also assume it tastes better too.

Static said...

@Dr. Dave - I would have preferred a Goldmember card frankly. When will you and your cronies get off mah back!

I am alive but I feel mostly dead, lifeless dead, but I'm alive and kicking...and laughing as I'm kicking myself in the face.

Life is an adventure. Experience it as it's meant to be, speeding through it on a long rollercoaster ride and eventually careening into a coffin, the lid slamming with a loud "clack bang" sending a mushroom cloud of dust into the sky.

Julio said...

Sorry, but I friggin' HATE Robot Chicken. The following is EVERY ROBOT CHICKEN SKETCH EVER:
1. Use characters from sit-coms and cartoons that aired between 1980 and 1990. If said characters aren't present, then something of this sort should occur (i.e. something involving the balls): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtOLqNuTOag
2. Make said characters act like every-day individuals in every-day situations. Resist keeping them in-character; they must act OPPOSITE to their character. Therefore, Darth Vader is afraid of spiders and Charlie Brown kills baby animals...for fun!
3. Rinse and repeat.

Funny Videos said...

Had a great fun reading the post

Static said...

@ Julio - But that's what makes Robot Chicken so endearing.

Robot Chicken makes fun of mediocre sketch comedy formulae, while proudly supporting it at the same time...

Or something like that...

We're vulnerable here, please stop toying with our fragile self-conception!

Static said...

@ Funny videos - Oh Hai.. a great reading funny time I had for your comments on blog mine yes...kthxbai!

Julio said...

It goes like this...
Make your OWN Robot Chicken episode
Step 1: Think of as many cartoon characters as you can and write them each on a slip of paper. Place the slips of paper in hat 1.
Step 2: Think of all the most mediocre things you've done in the past month. Write each on a slip of paper in hat 2.
Step 3: Close your eyes and select a paper from hat 1 and from hat 2. Add balls to taste.
=)

Static said...

@Julio - You just described my blog in minutiae detail.

no
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...